Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transportation and Architecture
In 1992, the Kyrgyz Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering was founded on the basis of the Polytechnic Institute in Bishkek, and in 1998 the university was renamed to its current name. The predecessor of the present university was the Polytechnic Institute, founded in 1954.
The university is divided into four faculties with 44 departments and more than 60 specialisations. About 500 professors and lecturers supervise about 11,000 students (7,000 full-time and 4,000 part-time) in teaching and research. The current president is Akymbek A. Abdykalykov.
In cooperation with European universities and the Kyrgyz-Chinese Study Centre, media and digital forms of education such as telelearning and distance learning are used. International links with universities in the Russian Federation, the USA, Germany, the UK, France, Austria, Sweden, the Netherlands, Estonia, Thailand, Jordan, Turkey, India, China and South Korea are ensured through participation in programmes such as Tempus, Erasmus and DAAD. It is possible to obtain a double degree in the Master’s programme “Geoinformatics” together with the University of Salzburg. All three educational levels of the Bologna system are implemented for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes as well as for doctoral programmes.